Sunday, October 14, 2012

Geckos


I knew there were geckos in Hawaii, but I had no idea how much my daily life would involve geckos.  We see them outside, we see them inside.  They're pretty much everywhere.


The good thing about geckos is that they eat insects.  The bad thing is that they leave a mess, and I hate having to clean up after them.


When I was little I loved to catch lizards and horned toads on camping trips in southern Utah.  But I don't know if I would have liked having them in my house.  Luckily for us, our nine-year-old is thrilled to catch as many geckos as we find in the house.  (She'll catch them outside, too, just for fun.)  Then she'll release them outside.


It doesn't matter, though--we always find more.

1 comment:

  1. Geckos are pretty cute creatures. I like that they eat insects. It is good that your nine-year-old likes to catch them.

    ReplyDelete